Michigan Traders Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Michigan Traders Post

Trading classifieds (Changing the way we buy). Open to all items under the sun. Plans for a monthly trade show are in progress. Show will be held in Muskegon County

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Input on website

Go down 
+7
Trinity Arms
Harley-user
rkamphuis
ts34
pikeslammer
m4ckten
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:51 am

Open forum for all memebers to give feedback on website
Back to top Go down
https://michigantraderspost.forumotion.net
m4ckten

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:55 am

I am going to suggest changing the red to something easier on the eyes. Been around the forum world along time, and red will turn people away.

Also adding a quick reply box will make things alot easier if you have that option,

other than that, nice work so far.
Back to top Go down
pikeslammer

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 pm

Is it possible to have a Northeast MI section as well?? Do you have enough moderators? Your idea of a trading website is a great one. The closest thing I have seen thus far is Craigslist and it's use has exploded in my area. This website may be just the ticket for those like myself who barter with other folks on a daily basis. I am excited to see this site in its infancy. I will be watching closely to see its growth.
Regards
cheers
Back to top Go down
ts34

ts34

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Sweet site   Input on website Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Boy this is a great idea! I barter/trade everyday and never have a way to move my stuff faster. This will help, I can see this exploding once people start posting... bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.eisenfasutk9.com
rkamphuis

rkamphuis

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Admin wrote:
Open forum for all memebers to give feedback on website

Is it possible to allow pics to be added to postings?
Back to top Go down
ts34

ts34

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Yes   Input on website Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:48 pm

On top in the toolbar is an icon to input images
Back to top Go down
Harley-user

Harley-user

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:55 pm

how bout a different way tp post pics i see where this way will be a bummer Mad
Back to top Go down
rkamphuis

rkamphuis

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:44 am

Harley-user wrote:
how bout a different way tp post pics i see where this way will be a bummer Mad

I second that!
Back to top Go down
d scuste

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: guns?   Input on website Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Can there be a separate section for guns? I am a pro-gun individual, but I hate sifting through miles of "guns wanted" or "guns for sale" ads to see what else is listed. I would also like to see an Industrial section, for machinery and such. Proly too much to ask tho.
Back to top Go down
Trinity Arms

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:17 am

What is the deal with the "NO Guns After such and such a date posting??
Back to top Go down
http://www.trinityarms.com
gibsonblues

gibsonblues

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am

Why the new law on NO GUNS That's one of the things that brought me to your forum since Craigs list/Ebay/Yahoo wont let you trade guns this was a great way for people to trade off items no longer needed if that's a boat/car or a gun.
Back to top Go down
Tom

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:39 pm

The problem maybe some anti-gunners are complaining or some feel they have to look throgh a bunch of gun ads, but quite a few of us came for the "Open to all items under the sun" (see top of page) , non-expireing listings and the whole idea of trading! If you infact get rid of guns than you open the door to further disliked items, like if someone complains that people the buying things from a trading site?

If somone complains, than wouldn't a fix in another way be better? (Another spot just for guns) or (buying items)

If you don't want a gun show tell people for the shows, "you can only bring __ guns! __ refering to the number you set forth...

As for me I hope the "Open to all items under the sun." Stays that way

Personaly I don't look at the things that don't interest me!!!
Back to top Go down
brown621

brown621

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 pm

all it takes is a few liberals to ruin anything. I have been watching this site and thought it was a great idea. I have some things I am looking for but all I have to trade are guns, so..... I will probably get flagged for this but here is a free site where you are encouraged to trade and sell guns and other outdoor related items. http://www.moabhunting.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.moabhunting.com
ts34

ts34

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Input on website Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks for listing that site now this website can grow and help more than just a certain group. Guns were hijacking this site (no pun intended)
Back to top Go down
larrybob42

larrybob42

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Prices in ads?   Input on website Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:51 am

Is it required to state a price or trade value of something for sale. In my opinion if it is'nt required this turns into an auction sight.
Back to top Go down
ts34

ts34

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Called   Input on website Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:07 pm

It is called intrinsic value of items. Items are worth pennies as our dollar has fallen to nothing, but our need/want always has a value. My items hold more value to someone else but nothing to me so I will try and connect with people wanting them as the value will be worth more to them than our dollar. I will trade for items I need/interested in then it is a win/win situation for both parties
Back to top Go down
Tom

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

I do realize a ballpark figure is required for everyone else to have some idea as to what you expect to get for an item, But

ts34 wrote:
It is called intrinsic value of items. Items are worth pennies as our dollar has fallen to nothing, but our need/want always has a value. My items hold more value to someone else but nothing to me so I will try and connect with people wanting them as the value will be worth more to them than our dollar. I will trade for items I need/interested in then it is a win/win situation for both parties

About says it all!

TO ADMIN: Thanks for trying to tailor the site to everyone's likeing, I'd hate to see such a good idea go to waste, which in too many situations becomes the case!! cheers
I hope this site continues to grow and stay around!!!

Thanks
Tom
Back to top Go down
Tom

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Website Input   Input on website Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:58 pm

I think a few tweeks could be nice, It would be nice If the poster could delete their ad,
If something happend to the item or they sell/trade it...
And PLEASE PUT YOU LOCATION IN YOUR PROFILE Suspect
is there a way to make it manditory, like username and e-mail...? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Input on website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input on website   Input on website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Input on website
Page 1 of 1