Michigan Traders Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Michigan Traders Post

Trading classifieds (Changing the way we buy). Open to all items under the sun. Plans for a monthly trade show are in progress. Show will be held in Muskegon County

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Popup windows

Go down 
+6
RW65HDD
Admin
DMack826
huntinskip
rangersteveus
Trinity Arms
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinity Arms

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 am

I just started getting popups ofrom this site. "You Are the Winner" type crap. Anyone else having problems??
Back to top Go down
http://www.trinityarms.com
rangersteveus

rangersteveus

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:35 am

Getting a bit of "bots" from Google. Ads are a nuisance if too large, but admin needs to pay for this somehow.
Back to top Go down
huntinskip

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: delete delete   Popup windows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 am

delete delete

a

Last edited by huntinskip on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rangersteveus

rangersteveus

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Hey huntinskip,   Popup windows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:41 am

Try the software, System Mechanic published by IOLO tehchnologies. You can register up to three computers on one package and this will clean up ALL problems caused by "bots", trojans,(the virus type) and worms. I got mine at Staples. Cheap repair compared to the children at Geek Squad, who by the way wiped out a friends entire picture portfolio.
Back to top Go down
huntinskip

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: thanks   Popup windows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks rangerstevens
Back to top Go down
DMack826

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Never had a problem untill i clicked on the link for this thread. Then it said i have major security breaches antivirus and i have like 30 major viruses on my computer. I had the same problem before on another site and i ran my norton and there was absolutly nothing wrong with my system. I wouldnt be apposed to donating alittle money to help out the site as long as i dont have this kind of crap happening all the time. Am i the only one that feels this way? Personally i really havnt been going to craigslist all that much since i have been on here. Dont get me wrong ill still browse the listings every now and again but nothing like i used too. Admin is there anything that can be done about this problem or is it something that we have to live with if we want to continue trading and bartering? That all i really have to say so everyone have a good evening.
Back to top Go down
rangersteveus

rangersteveus

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:57 pm

I just got a pop up on this site too a few minutes ago about my computer being infected and I had to open a bunch of windows to allow an anti virus program to be sent to me.. If this happens, DO NOT!!! do that. After I fought off the battle of the pop up warnings, I finally closed out to my desktop and am now in the process of running McAfee scan. 87% at this time an still no viruses. I am running clean. This new pop up situation is just a way of opening up a portal to let some internet jackasses in. The administrator can tighten the controls here to better block these virus. This can be done in his server. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, OPEN A WINDOW THAT SAYS YOU ARE INFECTED!!! Run your own anti spy ware like McAfee or Norton. God bless.

p.s 97% clean as a whistle.

p.s.s 100% perfectly clean, I think I know a few things on how to protect myself! Got you, you internet bastards! Bwahahahaha!!

Last edited by rangersteveus on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Not yet   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:15 pm

I have yet to encounter pop-ups. If anyone is aware of how to stop this let me know!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://michigantraderspost.forumotion.net
rangersteveus

rangersteveus

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Admin, you are going to need to tighten the security protocols on your server, as I am typing here, the popups are hijacking the site and sending me to the YellowPages site from the popup. Fortunatly I have an aggresive popup blocker through McAfee running as we write here. Steven
Back to top Go down
RW65HDD

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Yep,
Same problem here. The pop up about the virus and 2 days before that I picked up a waldec virus from site somehow. It cost me $139 to have tech support take over my computer and clean it out. This was the only site I was on at time of infection. It was crazy to watch. My pc started trying to email out hundreds of something. I got lucky and my default email program was off and nothing got out. More security please. Great site but I don't need the risks. Thanks
Back to top Go down
DMack826

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Update to previous post of mine.

100% clean compter absolutly no viruses here.

Admin is it possible to disable the bot on here and the google ads for a couple of days to see what happens? I havnt been infected yet by a virus but if it is the bot or the ads from google somehow doing this and you stop it for a couple days to see then we know it is them and they can be deleted from the server. Just a thought from a low tech guy but it might b a start ya know. Have a good night all.
Back to top Go down
rangersteveus

rangersteveus

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:02 pm

From a high tech guy, I agree with DMack, I think he is on the right track to your problem.
Back to top Go down
wjhe23

wjhe23

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:27 pm

i have not had any trouble maybe you people need to try better software
Back to top Go down
rkamphuis

rkamphuis

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:49 am

It's funny how my previous post about this site was deleted, but there are a ton of sold postings out there that need to be deleted. Well, due to the pop-up issue, my IT dept has flagged this site and now I am unable to log on during the day!
Back to top Go down
trade wit me

trade wit me

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: pop ups   Popup windows Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:47 pm

I am having the same pop up problem...Its Getting real bad now...its getting to the point,that there is no safe way to click on the log in,or message button..I think the guys had a good idea about removing the advertisement for a few days to see if this fixes the problem....
Back to top Go down
DMack826

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 am

i just used my desktop computer to check the site and i got slammed with popups. This is getting rediculus. Admin can you do something about this. i really dont want to go back over to craigslist but i dont want to have to spend a crap ton of money on my computer to fix the problem if i get a virus or anything else because of this problem. Thanks in advance for trying to do something.
Back to top Go down
chuongtk

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Popup windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popup windows   Popup windows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Popup windows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Michigan Traders Post :: website input :: Website input-
Jump to: