Michigan Traders Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Michigan Traders Post

Trading classifieds (Changing the way we buy). Open to all items under the sun. Plans for a monthly trade show are in progress. Show will be held in Muskegon County

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kenkaito

.22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ Empty
PostSubject: .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ   .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:29 am

Which of the 36 grain FMJ .22 lr is better for plinking/target practice?

I've been using both the Federal and Remingtoon 36 grain FMJ for practice shooting and have shot over 400 shots without any problems.

I bought them in Value Pack (550 round) from Walmart. They're priced the same at $19. I want to stock up a few thousand rounds but no sure which is better.

Federal ammo has bright copper coating which easily come off while handling it. Will this cause too much coppering inside the barrel?

As for Remington, the bullet head is a kind of loose. I can rotate the bullet head with my hands while the bullet head on Federal is tightly attached to the shell.
Is this a concern about Remington's quality. Will this cause any jamming?
BTW, the Remington has more dull looking copper coating which doesn't come off easily.

Lastly, what's the shell life of these rimfire ammo?

Thanks.
etienne

PostSubject: plinking 22   .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 am

either one is fine ,the shelf life is good as long as u keep them in a dry place, like that mean no moisture, i like federal stuff, but your good either way, also depends on how well they group on target with your gun
good luck
Back to top Go down
kenkaito

PostSubject: Re: .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ   .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 am

thanks to share experience. study
Back to top Go down
bigj0hn

PostSubject: Re: .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ   .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 pm

You are trying to have a coversation with a compuer... the person who started this converstation is a black hat they use forums to advertise other companies products with visable or invisable links(like that stuff at the bottom of his posts.) so that they show up in search eniges sometimes they may contain a virus. f you dont belive me search any of the posts these people post on this site and you will find they are copy and pasted from somewhwere else.like
Back to top Go down
kenkaito

PostSubject: Re: .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ   .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:25 am

what you r talking about,Joh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ   .22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.22 LR Ammo for plinking/target - Federal vs Remington 36 grain FMJ
Page 1 of 1