Michigan Traders Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Michigan Traders Post

Trading classifieds (Changing the way we buy). Open to all items under the sun. Plans for a monthly trade show are in progress. Show will be held in Muskegon County

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HOW MANY MOLDS CAN I FILL WITH AN 80 LB. BAG OF PREMIX CONCRETE?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lk

HOW MANY MOLDS CAN I FILL WITH AN 80 LB. BAG OF PREMIX CONCRETE?  Empty
PostSubject: HOW MANY MOLDS CAN I FILL WITH AN 80 LB. BAG OF PREMIX CONCRETE?    HOW MANY MOLDS CAN I FILL WITH AN 80 LB. BAG OF PREMIX CONCRETE?  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:43 pm

The easiest way to figure an approximate yield per bag is to multiply the approximate width of the mold, by the length of the mold, by the depth you will be pouring the mold. That will give you the cubic inches of concrete needed to fill the mold. An 80 lb. bag of premix concrete yields 1,036.8 cubic inches of concrete, or 0.6 cubic feet. How much water, and the brand of concrete you use may effect the yield results, but these figures should give you a yield that is pretty close. (See next question)

HOW MANY 6"x6"x1/2" TILES CAN I MAKE WITH AN 80 LB. BAG OF PREMIX CONCRETE?
To find the yield from an 80 lb. bag of premix concrete for this, or any other size mold, use the following formula: Length X width X depth of mold. In this example of a 6"x6"x1/2" tile mold, (6 x 6 = 36 X .5) = 18 cubic inches. Divide the cubic inches into 1,036.8 (Cubic inch yield in an 80 lb. bag of premix). That will yield 57.6 tiles that are 6"x6"x1/2" from each bag of premix. To take that further... you can divide that number of tiles by four to get the square foot area covered per bag. Since there are four 6"x6" tiles per square foot, your square foot coverage yield per bag at 1/2" thick would be 14.4 square feet. If you are pouring stone that is 1" thick, it would yield you just over 7 square feet of area, depending on the spacing.

HOW WILL MANUFACTURED STONE AND CONCRETE TILE HOLD UP OUTSIDE IN VERY COLD CLIMATES?
The proprietary mix formula includes air-entrainment agents to help prevent product breakdown under freeze-thaw conditions like those found in northern climates. The formula can be adjusted for extreme conditions and special applications as well. The use of concrete sealers helps seal out moisture also.

WHAT ARE THE MOLDS MADE OF, AND HOW LONG WILL THEY LAST?
Most of our molds are made with a special high-impact, .060, virgin polystyrene, or industrial ABS plastic for strength, flexibility and durability. If cared for per our instructions, they will last hundreds of pours, depending on the style and size of the mold. Should they start to crack in the corners, they can be repaired. In many cases, as with stone molds, any small cracks will enhance the appearance of the stone. While rubber molds may last longer than plastic molds, the initial investment could be up to thirty to forty times more money to get started in the business. We may be adding rubber corner molds shortly.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Michigan Traders Post :: website input :: Website input-
Jump to: